In this hands-on food and nutrition course, students will use a variety of sources and activities to discover how food affects the way their body works, including cooking meals, researching individual nutrition needs, tracking eating habits, and planning meals based on scientific guidelines. Students will also learn about different careers related to food and nutrition through interviews with various professionals in the field. This is the first course in a two-part Food and Nutrition series (FOODS 041 and FOODS 043).
Students must have access to a kitchen with food preparation items (measuring tools, cutting tools, cooking/baking pans, etc.), a regular or digital camera, and the Internet.
1. Kitchen Management
2. Food: Keeping the Body Fit
3. Food: Giving the Body Energy
4. Food: Regulating Body Functions
5. Food: Building the Body's Cells and Tissues
6. Careers in the Food and Nutrition Industry