Applied physics course not requiring calculus. Topics include mechanics, heat, wave motion, and sound.
Satisfies Brigham Young University core Natural Sciences elective. Mac Users: It is strongly recommended that Chrome or Safari be used as the browser; Adobe Reader must be used to view this course.
<br /><br />
Before registering for this course, we recommend you take the <a href = "https://isreg.byu.edu/site/Media/PDF/PreTest.pdf" target = "_blank">PHSCS 105 pretest</a>. The pretest covers several basic questions that will allow you to determine if you are comfortable enough with these concepts to succeed in this class<br>
The exams are only available to be taken in a paper format. Please plan for shipping time.
High school algebra and trigonometry.
2. Motion in One Dimension
3. Vectors and Two-Dimensional Motion
4. The Laws of Motion
5. Work and Energy
6. Momentum and Collisions
7. Rotational Motion and the Law of Gravity
8. Rotational Equilibrium and Rotational Dynamics
9. Solids and Fluids
10. Thermal Physics
11. Energy in Thermal Processes
12. The Laws of Thermodynamics
13. Vibrations and Waves
15. Homework Assignments/Final Exam Review