This course discusses some of the people who have contributed or are still contributing to the character of America, including the presidents and the Founding Fathers, as well as national and local security. Lessons include instructor-graded portfolio activities, which should be submitted as a whole before requesting the final exam. This is the second course in a two-part Character of America series (USA 041 and USA 043); however, either course may be taken independently of the other.
1. Founding Fathers: Their Lasting Influence on the Character of America
2. Yes, Mr. President: The American President from George W. to George W.
3. Freedom of the Press: Tying America Together
4. Free Enterprise: Achieving the American Dream
5. Conservation: Safeguarding America's Beauty
7. National and Local Security
8. Immigration: The Source of American Culture
9. Citizenship: Both a Privilege and a Responsibility