This course is a literary study of additional basic values; it examines the consequences of having or lacking mercy, patience, grace, gratitude, accountability, loyalty, patriotism, and self-sufficiency. Lessons include instructor-graded portfolio activities, which should be submitted as a whole prior to requesting the final. This is the third course in a three-part Character Education: Exploring Values series (XPLR 041, XPLR 043, and XPLR 045); however, any of the courses may be taken independently of the others.
This course may be counted for credit in either language arts literature or electives, but not both.
1. Mercy: It Blesses Him That Gives, And Him That Takes
2. Patience: The Self-Fulfilling Virtue
3. Grace: Not Just For Clumsy People
4. Gratitude: Focusing On The Postive
5. Accountabilty: I Decide Who I AM
6. Loyalty: Developing An Unswerving Allegiance To The Postive Entities In Your Life
7. Patriotism: Beyond Pledging Allegiance
8. Self-Sufficiency: You Can Depend On You