What is a purchase order?
A purchase order is a tool that Independent Study offers to organization so they can pay for students/employees in one monthly payment.
How do I use a purchase order?
An account must be set up with Brigham Young University in order for Independent Study to extend credit to your organization. Once this account is active, an official purchase order from your organization must be submitted to independent study either by fax to (801) 812-8208 or by mail. Purchase orders can either be on a student by student and course by course basis or they can be set up for larger numbers of registrations and/or fees.
How do I read my monthly Invoice?
- The invoice/statement is made up of several sections.
- Section 1 lists your customer information and the account summery for the previous month.
- Section 2 lists all of the current activity for the previous month.This includes registrations, fees assessed, withdrawals, and any credits that may have been issued on your account.
- Section 3 lists any payments that were received during the previous month. These payments are grouped together by day, so if you sent two payments in and we recorded them on the same day, the amount on the invoice/statement would show the total of the two payments not each payment separately.
- Section 4 is your remittance slip. This should be cut off and mailed back to us with your payment.
- If you have current registrations, fees, and/or withdrawals, an invoice number will appear in the upper right corner of the invoice/statement.
- Withdrawals are credited to your account in the month we received the request from your organization.
- The balance that is due is the current balance on your account as of the invoice/statement date.
What happens after I submit my purchase order?
We process each purchase order within 24 hours of receiving it. Please do not call in to see if we received the fax until after the 24 hour period. You may then call 801-422-8925 and a registration representative can provide you course access codes and other information. If you call this number 24 hours after you have submitted the purchase order and we do not have your course access codes ready, we did not receive your fax and you should send it again.
What about books?
How do I get started with my classes?
- Please go to our login page. Have your confirmation number ready to get to started on creating your login and attaching you to your class.
- Course materials are available for some courses, please check online or in our catalog for availability. All course materials are available online as well for your reference as well.
How do I get my confirmation number?
For those customers that submit their enrollment forms via email, we will reply to the address that submitted the enrollment form with the students name and confirmation number. For all other submissions, please wait the 24 hours and then phone a registration representative toll-free at 800-914-8931 and select option 1 or locally at 801-422-8925.
- Phone: (866) 741-9144
- Fax: (801) 812-8208
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What are your office hours
Our office hours are 7am - 5pm, Monday - Friday.