Tuition is due upon enrollment.
Online Courses**: $193 per credit
Special Enrollment: $297 per credit
High School Courses
Online Courses: $156 per half credit
Teacher-Led Courses: $263 per half credit
Discounted Language Courses: $180 per half credit
Best Value Courses: $56 per half credit
Quarter-credit Courses: $99 per quarter credit
Course Reading Packets - $12 to $20 (depending on the amount of paper)
Course reading packets are available for High School and University Courses
**University half (0.5) credit courses are $188 per course
Students can withdraw at any time unless they have requested the final exam or completed the course. You can withdraw from your course by logging in at is.byu.edu with your BYU Net ID and password, selecting your course from the list of your current registrations, and selecting Withdraw under Edit Enrollment.
Refunds/vouchers are granted if you withdraw within the following time frames:
- Between 0-6 calendar days after registration date a full refund is granted
- Between 7-60 calendar days after registration date a refund is granted minus withdrawal processing fees
- Between 61-180 calendar days after registration date a voucher is granted minus withdrawal processing fees (voucher also expires 180 days after your registration date)
- $20 per high school or middle school course
- $40 per university course
Please notice (as stated above), if you withdraw from a course within 180 days of your registration date, but after 60 days of your registration, you will receive a voucher for financial credit with BYU Independent Study, minus the withdrawal processing fee. This voucher must be used within 180 days of your registration date. After 180 days, you may still withdraw but no refunds or financial credit will be granted.