Please Note: We will be closed Tuesday, July 24th.
Regular office hours are Monday–Friday 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. mountain time.
You are a high school counselor...
Here are our requirements
If you are eligible and want to become an approved proctor, or you want your testing center to be a proctoring facility - apply! Please allow 1-2 business days for processing.
We require our exams be taken in a supervised setting with an approved proctor or at an approved college testing center. All university or college level exams must be taken at a certified college testing center. Thank you for helping us teach our students.
To be an eligible proctor, you can't be any of the following (some of these assume you're applying specifically for a student, if that isn't the case you may disregard those items):
- University professor, elementary school educator, or counselor
- Relative, friend, employer, personal tutor, or ecclesiastical leader* of the student.
- Athletic coach, assistant coach, athletic administrator, or athletic academic counselor
- Someone with a vested interest in the student's eligibility to compete in extracurricular activities (e.g. sports, theater, choir, etc.)
Also to be eligible you need to do the following things:
- The proctor must verify the identity of the student with a photo ID.
- The student, the exam materials, and the student’s screen (if applicable) must remain under the supervision of the proctor for the entire duration of the exam.
- Online exams must be administered using only the proctor’s technology (using your computer). Students may not use their own laptops or other devices to take exams. Your technology must be free from keyloggers, spyware, or other security compromising issues.
- The student may not leave the room during the examination, except for an emergency.
- The exam must not be duplicated in any way.
- Online exam access codes must not be given to the student nor should the proctor give a paper exam back to the student to mail. Any access codes or passwords will not be placed where students could see them at any time.
- If for some reason you are unable to proctor an exam after receiving it, you are required to call the Independent Study office (1-800-914-8931). In this case, do not give the exam to any other persons or to the student.
- If the student is suspected of cheating, call the Independent Study Office as soon as possible.
*Ecclesiastical leaders who are also full-time educators are eligible to become certified proctors.
Here's what you do to apply
First you will need a net id. This is what we call a login here at Brigham Young University.
If you already have one, please use it. If you don't, then you can make one.