Varied teaching methodologies for application of drama within the pre-K–6 classroom. Dual emphasis on Utah state elementary drama standards as well as integration with core curricula.
This course uses instructor-graded assignments in lieu of exams.
Theatre education major status: TMA 101 (Introduction to the Theatre) or TMA 102 (Introduction to Film); TMA 276 (Exploration of Teaching Theatre); or early childhood education or elementary education major status; or instructor's consent.
1. Introduction to Learning Styles
2. Creative Teaching
3. The Structure of Learning
4. Developing Lesson Plans and Units
5. Self Image, Discipline, and Dramatic Learning
6. Radio Plays
8. Choral Reading
9. Narrative Mime
11. Creative Dramatics/Process Drama